It is always thought that the Notre Dame Cathedral or the Bui Vien walking street are among the most visited places for tourists when they visit Saigon. In fact, this “pink church” is actually rising to become a place of interest well-loved by foreign visitors.
It is likely always to be the same itinerary that foreigners visiting Saigon will go with the “standard combo” of Notre Dame Cathedral, Central Post Office and Book street, then head to Ben Thanh market for local crafts before walking along Nguyen Hue street and Bui Vien street for some beer.
Though these places are, no doubt, popular to visit to learn more about Ho Chi Minh City, there is now another rising landmark to visit. In fact, it is becoming popular with foreign visitors as it gets introduced via friends or online resources. It is Tan Dinh church, or simply “pink church”, which, from the color of the building, is quite glaringly obvious.
Tan Dịnh church was built during the French colonial period in the 1870s and completed on 16th December 1876. The church is located at 289 Hai Ba Trung street, Ward 8, District 3, in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and belongs to Roman Catholic Archdiocese of the metropolitan city.
The church architecture features Roman architectural design. It is the second largest church in Ho Chi Minh City after the Notre-Dame Cathedral in District 1.
With the vintage appearance and the striking coat of pink, it is no wonder that many people like to visit the church for various reasons, including joining the Holy Mass, praying, or visiting as a perfect Instagrammable spot. Whatever the reason it can be, the church is always surely more than willing to welcome you.